- Category: Ministry's departments
- Published on 31 March 2007
Under the authority of a Director, the Department of Regional and Local Authorities shall be responsible for:
- defining regional and local government policy;
- preparing laws and regulations on the services of Regional and Local Authorities;
- monitoring the implementation of laws and regulations on the supervision of the legality of instruments of regional and local authorities
- monitoring the intervention of regional and local authorities in economic and social matters;
- regional and local cooperation, in conjunction with the relevant ministries;
- representing regional and local authorities at various levels of decision-making in the central administration; and
- monitoring the activities of specialized training institutions.
The Department of Regional and Local Authorities shall comprise:
- the Studies Unit;
- the Regional and Local Development and Co-operation Unit;
- the Sub-Department of Assistance to Regional and Local Authorities; and
- the Regional and Local Authorities Supervisory Brigade.