- Category: Ministry's departments
- Published on 31 March 2007
Under the authority of a Director, the Department of Political Affairs shall be responsible for:
- supervising the implementation of the laws and regulations relating to public liberties;
- matters concerning national orders;
- processing security-related information;
- organizing and supervising elections under conditions provided for by the laws and regulations in force;
- computerizing the electoral operations in conjunction with the Computer and Statistics Unit and the relevant ministries;
- organizing and supervising the functioning of civil status registries, in conjunction with the Department of Regional and Local Authorities;
- matters concerning games and arms.
The Department of Political Affairs shall comprise:
- the Processing and Summaries Unit;
- the Sub-Department of Public Liberties;
- the Sub-Department of Elections;
- the Sub-Department of Administrative Affairs.