- Category: MINATD's Activities
- Published on 31 March 2007
The Minister of Territorial Administration and Decentralization shall be responsible for the preparation, implementation and assessment of Government policy on territorial administration.
In this capacity, he shall be responsible for:
- the organization and functioning of territorial administration administrative units and external services;
- the organization of national and local elections and referendums under conditions provided for by laws and regulations in force;
- the preparation and implementation of laws and regulations relating to public liberties;
- the organization and follow-up of chiefdoms;
- the follow-up of activities of associations and political organizations;
- matters concerning religious organizations;
- the follow-up of activities of non-profit-making movements, organizations and associations;
- the maintenance of public order in collaboration with specialized forces;
- the organization and monitoring of civil status registries.